Friday, December 19, 2008

Very interesting reading and insightful (on our opinion): Hard lessons for a startup to learn



The Hardest Lessons for Startups to Learn
April 2006, PAUL GRAHAM

(This essay is derived from a talk at the 2006 Startup School.)

The startups we've funded so far are pretty quick, but they seem quicker to learn some lessons than others. I think it's because some things about startups are kind of counterintuitive.

We've now invested in enough companies that I've learned a trick for determining which points are the counterintuitive ones: they're the ones I have to keep repeating.

So I'm going to number these points, and maybe with future startups I'll be able to pull off a form of Huffman coding. I'll make them all read this, and then instead of nagging them in detail, I'll just be able to say: number four!


TO READ MORE:
Link to Paul Graham article



No comments:

Post a Comment